Sweetie Bug Creations

Sweetie Bug Creations
"Rock Candy" Double Layered Tutu

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Pinkalicious!


Here are two views of the new Pinkalicious tutu (inspired by the children's book Pinkalicious by Victoria Kann and Elizabeth Kann).  I wanted to do a very girly girl type of tutu (by the way, I was also thinking of naming it girly girl!).  It turned out even better than I had hoped.  The new shocking pink shimmer tulle is like a bubblegum pink and I love it!  It is the lighter of the two pinks.  I am going to order a whole lot more of it and it will also be featured in the breast cancer fundraiser tutu that I will custom make for the winner. 

I made a new tutu tonight that I haven't yet taken pictures of.  It will be called The Sweetie Bug...and it is red shimmer and black shimmer as a bit of a ladybug look (3x red to 1x black).  It is super pretty.  I may also add black dots to it as I hope to develop it into a bit of a Halloween costume for my Sweetie Bug this fall.  I also want to make a honey bee costume in the near future.  Yes, I am already thinking Halloween...I am just a wee bit of a planner (can you tell?).  I hope to have several costume choices available, which will of course include ballerina, fairy and princess.

I received a wonderful shipment in the mail today...my cute fabric flower appliques that are pink ribbon themed.  So, next week once my new pink grosgrain ribbon arrives I will begin several sets of clippies for the fundraiser.  I may incorporate a few into the tutu as well...we'll see what inspiration hits at the time!  Wow, that's a lot of pink!

No comments:

Post a Comment