Sweetie Bug Creations

Sweetie Bug Creations
"Rock Candy" Double Layered Tutu

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Tulle, Breast Cancer Fundraiser & More...

I received a shipment of tulle today: mint, shocking pink shimmer, black shimmer, red shimmer and turquoise shimmer.  I am working on a gift tutu for a birthday party my son is going to this weekend....it is fuchsia and shocking pink shimmers and so far is looking so pretty!  Very girly and I think I may have to call in Pinkalicious or something of the like!  :)  I have several new colour combos planned but have not had the opportunity to play around with them yet.  With my first ever sale coming up this Saturday and being a very new "vendor" (as in first table ever at an event) I have a lot to get ready.  My wonderful husband took my youngest two children out for a few hours this morning so I managed to get lots done!  As things are now I have several items to put out and will just start there.  I have so many ideas and plans for things to get started but they are on hold until after the weekend.  Once the sale is over I can concentrate on the creative process again and not just the mass production I have been doing.  I am on the lookout for craft fairs or other markets to participate in, but want to see how this one goes first.  I can then also concentrate on setting up my etsy shop, which is something that has been in the back of my mind since before I started Sweetie Bug about 6 weeks ago...can't wait to get that started!

I will also work on a little fundraiser after the weekend.  A friend of a friend has been diagnosed with breast cancer in her early 30's so I would like to do a little to help her out and also raise some money to donate to the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation.  I am going to do a very pink tutu as well as many sets of hair clips.  I am not sure yet if the best fundraiser is a raffle or a silent auction of the items.  I think they would be so perfect for a participant of the Run For The Cure or for a Halloween costume or child's dress up item.  I will donate 100% of the proceeds to the cause!  If anyone has any input or more ideas for me on this matter I would love to hear from you!

2 comments:

  1. I've been trying to get some actual product made, but these headbands are taking more time than I thought they would :(

    I LOVE the names you come up with. The fundraiser sounds great. I think a raffle would generate the most participation:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, check out this post on word verification. I shut mine off when it first came out and have had NO spam either!!

    http://cheriquitecontrary.blogspot.com/2011/05/do-you-still-require-word-verification.html

    ReplyDelete