Sweetie Bug Creations

Sweetie Bug Creations
"Rock Candy" Double Layered Tutu

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Clippies

I received my new shipment of double pronged alligator clips in the mail this past week so I got started on a new fresh batch!  I found a new supplier and these clips are "salon professional grade" and are a bit higher quality.  I want to be sure that what I make will last and work well.  I also heat-seal all the ends of the ribbon - no fraying here.  I will also provide non-slip grip upon request, but I have found that with the better quality clip the grip really isn't necessary - they provide a nice snug fit!  Tonight's batch I had a big emphasis on some tiny gems...I had originally purchased them when I was doing my gel nail business, and these leftovers provide a super-cute accent on the clippies.  I haven't taken any pics of my latest and greatest as I am busy working on things for the table at the kids flea market.  I'll try to take some soon and get them up.  The tiny gems are time-consuming to glue, but they are worth it.  I am a bit of a perfectionist but I have fun with these things.  I had a great time for my close friend's wedding last September when I hand glued tiny gems onto each first and last name on the placecards I created for her reception tables.  That is another business I would love to get into, but one thing at a time :) 

I still have a lot to do to get ready for the sale (and in the business start-up in general).  But, I'll work with what I get done and lots more time in the future for new products/designs, etc.  I have an etsy shop on hold until I get a few things ahead...but will let you know when it is up and running!  Lots of wonderful things to come!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment